Sage Green Natural iDye
  • Hi!

I need help with trying to get a sage green with cotton using iDye. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Maddie
  • You want to tone a color, meaning dull it out a bit. You need a bright green and red. I suggest Kelly green and True red Idye.

You want to use all the green, but just a little of the red. Dissolve the whole red pack in say a quart of hot water. Then take about 3 tablespoons and add it to the green dye. This is going to make the green deeper, and make it dull it down so it is richer and less bright.

Now dip a paper towel in the dye to test the color. IF it is what you want, you can either dye a test strip and let it dry to see if it is what you want. 5min in the bath should give you a good idea of the tone, but it will be lighter than if you do the whole 20-30 min.

If the color is still too bright, continue adding 2-3 tablespoons of the red until you get the color you desire.

Too much red and you will go brown so be careful. I don't think you need more than 10% red, which would be 6 and a half tablespoons.