I want to dye my clothings - 2 cotton jackets and a t-shirt. there colours are faded.
  • One of my jacket and the t -shirt are black but the other jacket is of indigo or dark blue colour. The clothings are 1.5 kg or 3 lbs. I want to dye them with mx procion dye jet black. It is going to be my first so i need help on how much dye, salt and soda ash do i need and the steps for immersion dye. I am thinking of doing this with our top loader washing machine. Anyone pliz help.
  • http://jacquardproducts.com/assets/jacquard-site/product-pages/dyes/procion-mx/Procion-MX_Instructions.pdf

For Jet Black I would say that your ability to get it really black would be best by doing it in a 5 gallon bucket. You want to use really hot water if you can. Black is the one procion color that gets better with heat. You can even boil a kettle of water and add it to the rest of the hot water from the tap.

You have to stir this a lot. The Jet black black is awesome, but it has the risk of looking cloudy if you don't stir enough.

For darkest shades:
    4 tablespoons dye, 3 cups salt(noniodized), ¹/³ cup soda ash

This is the formula you want. 4 tablespoons is basically 2 little bottles of our dye. That should be enough for all of them.

Dye for the full hour and make sure you stir a lot. Don'e leave the bath without stirring for more than 5 min. Add soda ash after the first 10 min of the dye process.