by June Pfaff Daley/courtesy of Jacquard Products
It happens every Sunday. I'm in Church with my three kids and inevitably one whispers about needing a tissue. I scramble to find something adequate in my purse, but it seems I'm often fresh out. I make a mental note to remember to carry a tissue purse pack for the next time. Now with a fresh stock of tissue packs, I wanted to make cases to whisper back "bless you" the next time they were needed. As the holiday season approaches, I'll be creating more of these to "bless" family and friends. This quick and easy project makes adorable stocking stuffers for loved ones. These also make the perfect holiday gift for those angelic teachers!
1) Cut one 6 1/4" x 7" piece of Stabilized Fabric and lightly draw an angel design with pencil. (Click here for a printable PDF of my angel design. Use tracing paper to transfer on fabric.)
2) Paint the angel and background with fabric paint. Use Lumiere metallic colors for the wings, halo and background.
3) Let fabric dry for 24 hours before peeling off backing. Remove paper backing and heat set with iron for three minutes.
4) Cut a coordinating 6 1/4" x 7" piece of fabric. With right sides together of the coordinated fabric and painted fabric, stitch 1/4 inch from the edge all around the outside of the fabric. Leave about a 1 inch opening for turning near the bottom of the angel.
5) Turn and press. Fold the sides of the tissue holder with coordinating fabric facing out. Overlap the edges approximately 1/4" in the middle.
6) Stitch 1/4 inch from the edge along each short end.
7) Turn right side out and insert a pocket tissue pack.
Dip a wooden dowel in white paint and "stamp" on your fabric to make a quick and uniform dot pattern.
Make each angel unique by painting different hair and skin colors.
Work assembly style and you'll be blessed with a chorus of tissue holders to gift before you know it!
Printer friendly PDF:
Bless You Angels
June Pfaff Daley is a mixed media artist who creates with everything from wood to fabric. She enjoys transforming thrift store treasures and favors whimsical motifs. June resides in Cincinnati, Ohio with three fanastic kids, one supportive husband and two charming cats. Visit her website: www.junepfaffdaley.com.